STAYING MOTIVATED TO WORKOUT DURING THE HOLIDAYS CAN BE TOUGH!
With all the parties, food, presents to buy and people to entertain it is easy for exercise to take a back seat. Team #TiQUE‘s Riley has a few great tips to keep your fitness routine at the top of your priority list.
1. Schedule it!
2. Get up and go early, before all the other to-do’s in your day.
3. Recruit a training partner for fun and accountability.
4. Use bodyweight resistance when you can’t make it to the gym.
5. Volume! If you don’t have time for a single hour long workout, do four 15 minute routines or three 20 min or…you get the picture.
6. Continue to evaluate your fitness goals and personal progress.
7. Involve friends and family in a group hike, walk, etc…
8. Indulge in a single serving of your favorite foods, then resist more. Seconds are never as good anyway.
I think the hardest part about stopping a workout schedule is getting back into it. Love yourself enough this holiday season to create even just a few minutes for yourself to exercise so that you stay on schedule and keep the habit going. Once the craziness of the holidays is over, then reassess and get back into your normal groove!
Riley G. Smith, LAc, Dipl.OM, MSTOM
Licensed Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbalist